Gracious newsletter reader,
It's been ages. I've been productive! I’ll barrel through some updates and get on to the innovations right afterwards!
- I did it! One month ago I moved into a darling freshly-renovated bungalow at 384 Guelph Line, near the lake. Here I continue to see adults, teens, and children in individual art therapy/ psychotherapy. Everyone likes the new digs.
- My consulting room is now alongside five (!) others, each home to private practices that match mine, as well as expand with special interests and lots of experience in psychotherapy we offer to the Burlington / neighbouring community. My allied professionals will be listed on The Arterie website if they’re not already. I worked really hard to find like-minded therapists to join me here, but have to admit I had luck on my side because one month in, I see my vision--a collective of mental health professionals that support one another, and collaborate in serving the community
- We did it! With my three art therapy colleagues, we offer art therapy workshops, classes, and individual consultation in Burlington, Mississauga and Toronto locations
And now, your invitations:
- Those of you who worked with me at 480 Guelph Line will be invited to join me this spring for an art-off in my old, empty office before the building comes down, no clean up required! Inquire for more info: Studio@arterie.ca
- With my new group-sized room at 384, I can finally run a new Zoom Within: an art making and mindfulness workshop series for adults (no art training / talent required, just creativity). I am planning on starting this up on friday mornings from April 21st, 9:30am, for six consecutive weeks. Please spread the word or call / write to inquire. This is a group I’ve run for years now, I call it ‘art therapy’s greatest hits’: powerful creative prompts to bring more depth, meaning, and beauty to your life.
- Open Studio Mondays: Starting from April 24th, The Arterie's artist-in-residence Georgie Russell will be hosting open art studio on mondays. For one season this will be a pay-what-it’s-worth event, all are welcome, teens and adults, with special days/times open to families. Inquire/ Sign-up: 905-333-2717 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ear-mark Saturday Apr. 29th as our Grand Opening party (details to follow!)
- Ear-mark June 2nd as a catered thank you event for the professionals in our community that refer to me, and a time for me to introduce my colleagues
And finally, the launch of the first of several workshop series that will be offered from the Arterie in Burlington:
- Inspired Parenting: May 11th, 2017, 7-9pm, light refreshments to be served; 12 participants, 2 co-leaders: Sarah Brodie and Claudia Corradetti
Other workshop series to be launched in Summer and Fall 2017:
- seeker series
- finishing school series
- family time series
So many ideas! I look forward to some pick up to these invitations as I spread the word, please do send along to friends.
I will be sending invitations and sharing creative prompts via our Instagram feed, if that's a thing you do, add thearterie.